Colorado Attorneys - Kaplan Law, LLC
By Kaplan Law on January 18, 2013
All relationships are unique and, as such, the reasons for divorce are varied. While we’ve discussed the issue of financial matters as a catalyst for many divorces, finances are just one reason why a couple may call it quits. A list compiled by The Huffington Post includes 23 reasons why many marriages end in divorce. The following include some of these reasons, a few of which were similar and consolidated:
- After each spouse giving it their best effort, a couple may realize that they are not compatible and must split up.
- Forgetting that love must be demonstrated, not just told.
- Being unhappy alone and believing marriage to be a requirement, not a choice.
- Some people were never meant to be together.
- Some couples do not grow together at the same pace.
- Negative interactions are too many while positive interactions are too few.
- Time causes change and couples grow apart.
- Loss of hope.
- Inability to deal with difficult situations.
- Lack of trust.
- Lack of communication and real listening.
Interestingly enough, financial stress is not one of the 23 reasons provided in The Huffington Post article, but, as experienced divorce attorneys in Colorado, the legal team at Kaplan Law, LLC, has seen finances to be a contributing factor in some divorces.
The decision to divorce may not be ideal or easy and may be emotionally stressful, but you have to do what is best for your future. We can help you make the necessary decisions to create a new path for your life. To learn more about your rights and options, contact us online today for a consultation.